The Guarcino Project 2025 has been created to bring together ideas, skills and proposals to revitalize the cultural, historical, artistic, architectural, social, environment and landscape heritage of the municipality of Guarcino and its territory. The Project aims at achieving a more prosperous community, with a high level of psycho-physical health and where the different generations can live well and in solidarity with each other.
The intention is to reverse the progressive depopulation that characterizes Guarcino, a common trend among most of Italian villages.
The “2025” in the Project’s name indicates the time frame during which it is meant to bring into effect those initiatives that will be identified as qualifying to achieve the goals of the Project.
Therefore, the Project aims at directing Guarcino’s future towards the development of a sustainable economy, that is an economy that “generates growth, creates jobs and eradicates poverty by investing and safeguarding the resources of natural capital on which the survival of our planet depends” (definition of “green economy” that the European Commission formalized in its Communication no. 363 of 20 June 2011).
In a nutshell, the project’s goal is to promote well-being and improve the quality of life of its inhabitants.
The achievement of this goal is pursued through the promotion of initiatives that can:
- promote the professional growth and social and economic improvement of residents;
- encourage the presence of innovative contents in training and development programmes;
- create the conditions for a high standard of psycho-physical well-being, through:
- the screening of the population for the most relevant epidemiological diseases (cardiovascular, oncological, metabolic);
- the secondary prevention screening, to verify adherence to therapy and correct behaviour;
- the remote monitoring of patients with chronic degenerative diseases;
- the use of telemedicine to optimize the hospital-territory relationship in the diagnostic-therapeutic path of chronic and episodically critical diseases;
- promote knowledge of local food excellences;
- extend the range of sporting activities to be practiced in the area;
- enrich the tourist and cultural offer, enhancing the musical, artistic, craft and religious traditions and the architectural, natural and landscape riches of the area;
- propose an urban plan more in tune with the Project itself;
- stimulate the offer of touristic hospitality and the redevelopment of real estate assets;
- encourage the transfer of craftsmen, small entrepreneurs, university students, pensioners and young couples;
- stimulate the improvement of mobility services and connecting infrastructures, both physical and digital;
- Encourage cooperation between the inhabitants and public institutions, businesses, associations and local committees.
For the realization of the Project, the following groups have been set up:
- The Partners & Friends (P&F) group, a network of professionals who combine the interest and passion for the Project with specialist training. The members of the group confirmed their willingness to contribute with their skills for the realization and for the success of the Project, without any form of remuneration.
P&F comprehends university professors, entrepreneurs, managers, urban planners, sociologists, doctors, architects, engineers, lawyers, accountants, journalists and specialists in the most diverse areas: communication, marketing, launch of start-ups, sacred and non-sacred art and organization of events.
P&F is continuously enriched by the entry of new friends who want to put themselves at the service of the Project.
- The Steering Committee (CG), tasked with promoting the initiatives to be activated with the relevant Teams of Experts (TdE), all belonging to the P&F group; furthermore the CG:
- agrees with the TdE the modalities of communication to the media and to other subjects involved and to be involved;
- reports financing and sponsorship opportunities;
- promotes appropriate relations with the Institutions that can facilitate the effective and efficient implementation of planned or launched initiatives.
The Project is promoted and supported by the Salute e Società Organizzazione di Volontariato (President Alessandro Boccanelli) and by the non-profit organization The Thinking Watermill Society (President Caterina Luciani).